Zanzibar is one of my favorite places in the world. It has history, culture, gorgeous beaches, tons of activities, and flavorsome food.
There are so many things to do in Zanzibar and whether you’re backpacking Zanzibar, on your honeymoon, going for a 2-week holiday, or relaxing for a few days after a Serengeti safari or a trek up Kilimanjaro I’m sure you’ll love it. There’s a Zanzibar for everyone.
I’m not the kind of gal who lies on the beach all day (but you can totally do that – I’m not judging), I want to experience the places I visit. I love to get an insight into everyday life, meet local people, go off the beaten path places, and eat all the food. I also love doing the touristy stuff. Good things become touristy for a reason, right?
And if you enjoy this post, don’t forget to check out my similar posts on Moshi & Arusha in Northern Tanzania.
So, with this list, I aim to give you some ideas for the best things to do in Zanzibar.
Other Zanzibar posts you might enjoy…
- What to Wear in Zanzibar & Other Cultural Considerations
- Backpacking Zanzibar on a Budget: Everything You Need to Know
- The Best Things To Do in Stone Town, Zanzibar
- The Ultimate Tanzania Itinerary (Plus Things To See & Do)
- A Guide to Taking the Dar es Salaam to Zanzibar Ferry
- The Perfect 2-Week Kenya & Tanzania Itinerary
- The Most Useful English to Swahili Words & Phrases for Travel in East Africa
- How to Get Your Tanzania Visa & Entry Requirements
- How Much Does it Cost to Travel in Tanzania? How to Budget for Your Trip
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.Q:What are the best Outdoor Activities in Zanzibar?A:The best Outdoor Activities in Zanzibar according to Viator travelers are:
- Stone Town Private Walking Tour
- Stone Town and Prison Island from Zanzibar
- Stone town and prison Island tour
- Stone Town Walking Tour in Zanzibar
- Spices and Stone Town Tour in Zanzibar
Q: What Outdoor Activities in Zanzibar are good for avoiding crowds?
A: These hidden gems in Zanzibar may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Nakupenda Beach Day Tour in Zanzibar
- Dolphin Tour and Snorkeling at Mnemba Island reef | Private Trip
- Full Day Safari Blue Zanzibar
- Aquana 3 Island Tour/Excursion
- Half Day Zanzibar Mnemba Atoll Marine Reserve Snorkeling Tour