Location and Size
The two Islands are located in the Indian Ocean about 35km off the coast of mainland Tanzania at longitude 39 degrees East and latitude 6 degrees South of Equator. Pemba is about 40 miles long and 14 miles wide. It has a surface area of 608 square miles (2,332 square kilometers). It is located about 36 miles from the continent and 29 miles north-east of Unguja Island. Unguja Island is 50 miles long and 24 miles wide. It has a surface area of 995 square miles. It is separated from the continent by a 21-mile corridor at its narrowest point. Its highest point is 390 feet above sea level.
Zanzibar experiences warm tropical climate, with high temperatures and humidity all the year. The average temperature is 27 ºC. This mainly caused by ocean breezes during daytime and the continental wind in the night, it makes the condition more comfortable. February is the warmest while August is the coolest. There are two rainfall seasons, the heaviest in March to June and lesser rains is in September to November. Tourists are advised to note heavy rain season to avoid inconveniences.
In 2012 Zanzibar had a population of 1,303,569 in which the male population is accounted to 630,677 while female have a lion share of 672,892 with an increasing rate of 3 per cent per annum.
The majority of Zanzibar residents practice the Islamic faith which reflect also their lifestyle and culture. Mosques are sacred places and usually no entry by non-Muslims. During the holy month of Ramadhan Muslims are fasting from dawn to sun set and you may find difficult to find food during the day hours. However, some specified restaurants are allowed to serve the tourists. There are also Christian churches and Hindu temples which offer regular services on Sunday and on special occasions.
Hospitality & Culture
Zanzibar cultures became more diverse in its range, more unique in its expression. Zanzibar is the birthplace of Swahili, a lingua franca forged from global dialects, upon which legends were carried, trade routes opened, and a Sultan’s empire prospered. It is here that the Africa Culture blended with other cultures mainly Persian, Arabic and Indian to forms Swahili Culture. Today the romance, the splendor and legends of the past are still vibrantly alive, traditional sailing dhows, carved wooden and doors, chests, the scent of the clove and the smile of the hospitable people welcomes you to Zanzibar.
As you stroll through Stone Town, you will find several shops selling wood carvings, Zanzibari chests, clothes, spices, jewellery, paintings and antiques. Most of the gift shops are situated along Kenyatta Road in Shangani, and Gizenga Street behind the Old Fort. Tourists are advised not to buy any products related to protected species on the islands, such as seashells and turtles. A holiday to Zanzibar would be incomplete without visiting these souvenir shops.
Security: the vehicle must be locked when not attending. The person hiring it is solely responsible for its security as a person for it you must makes sure it is a parked in a safe and sure like the hotel lot. Park it and notify the watchmen on guards especially during y nights. We also prioritize in normal times to pay the required payment when taking possession of the car. cash payment. Are preferably paid in shillings or dollars .. time returning. Is when the vehicle has thoroughly been checked and proved to be in a good condition and safe condition as per request clients required vehicle may be returned at any time designate points e.g. airport harbor seaport. Extra.
Zanzibar Car Hire & Expeditions Rental Agreement
1. In case of extra time the person who has rented (client/r entree) will have to pay extra payments per each additional hour
2. The vehicle must drive by the R entree or the authorized person and not any other person.
3. The vehicle is not allowed to be driven in the seashore or beach side.
4. The responsibility and security of the vehicle will be upon the person (client/r entree) as per period agreed with the renter.
5. If the Client/renter) breaks the contract He or she will be required to pay 50% of the agreed total costs.
6. The company can break the contract at any time if it is proved that the renter is not keeping the vehicle in good condition such as by careless driving and other intentional damage should have driving-license from their country classes matches and Authorization by Ministry of Transport & communications.
7. Any damage incurred the renter is obliged to compensate accordingly.
8. You will bring vehicle will a little fuel to reach any nearest Petro station and Zanzibar driving permit 15 per person process fee’s government authority the price excluded the petrol. From far beach side reach send your vehicle you’ll pay 25 dollars for deliver from Stone Town Zanzibar.
9. Mechanical failure is our responsibility.
10. 24 hours Roadside support whether in Town or Rural area we assist you with any problem or Troubleshooting.
11. Stone Town Area pick up and drop off free of charge. Deliver to different resorts and hotels on the island, the extra charge of $20.